Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Start of the ZBot

Basically want to create a cluster of robots using a mesh'ed ad-hoc network. This will be done using zigbee, but the problem is that I havent created any robots before so I will have to go through the motions before I get to the zigbee part.

So far I have created a primitive IR proximit sensor with some 10F PIC's. I have a few problems with the PIC's themselves, for example: If you connect the pic back up to the ICD2 before turning off the main power, the PIC will burn itself out. Secondly, I had a load of problems with trying to program the damn thing, I think it was due to inproper driver installation. (Make sure you preinstall the drivers for the ICD2 FIRST!!)

Next I am going to start on the actual motor control using some schematic I found on the net.


No comments: